Friday, June 19, 2009

Too Much Of A Good Thing?

As you may be able to easily guess my time on the road allowed for the opportunity to read
I read a lot. So much in fact that Mr. Motorcycle wanted to know if I realized it was possible to get too much of a good thing.

I've been thinking about his statement and have decided that the beauty of reading is that I'm not really getting too much of a good thing...it's a lot like knitting in that way. There is a definate beginning and end; and, no matter how many different books I pick up (or knitting projects) no two are the same.

Although they can be a lot alike.....a pair or socks or mittens.....maybe something in a series.....

After getting hooked on Stephanie Bond's Body Mover Series by Chris I found myself on a personal mission to get up to speed on Carlotta, Wesley, Cooper and Jack. I don't really care much for Peter so his piece of the storyline was not something that kept me coming back for more. I think I'm rooting for Jack.....



Title: Three Men and A Body
Author: Stephanie Bond
Publisher: Mira Books
Genre: Fiction, Mystery & Romance
Pages: 320

IndieBound
BooksOnBoard



Synopsis:
When hunky body mover Cooper Craft invites Carlotta along for a VIP body pickup in Florida how can she refuse? Sure Cooper has more than body moving in mind - but so does Carlotta....


Title: Four Bodies and a Funeral
Author: Stepanie Bond
Publisher: Mira Books
Genre: Fiction, Mystery & Romance
Pages: 320
On Sale: April 2009

IndieBound
BooksOnBoard


Synopsis:
Fresh off the disaster of VIP body moving a serial killer with an unsettling signature starts targeting women in Atlanta. Nobody is safe and it appears everyone is a suspect, even those you'd least expect.


Title: Five Bodies to Die For
Author: Stephanie Bond
Publisher: Mira Books
Genre: Fiction, Mystery & Romance
Pages: 320
On Sale: May 2009

IndieBound
BooksOnBoard


Synopsis:
Caught up in the terror of the Charmed Killer and the turmoil of accusations Carlotta takes up residence in Peter's house for her safety. Whether the high buck suburban neighborhood with gated entrances and fancy security systems can provide the protection she needs remains to be seen.


Title: Six Killer Bodies
Author: Stephanie Bond
Publisher: Mira Books
Genre: Fiction, Mystery & Romance
Pages: 320
On Sale: June 2009

IndieBound
BooksOnBoard



Synopsis:
With her haphazardly constructed world and new odd ball family falling apart Carlotta has a lot of work to do to put things back together. Someone's been arrested as the Charmed Killer, someone is battling addiction, and then The Charmed Killer goes in for the final kill.
My Review:
Obviously I liked this series enough to get caught up to date in a very short period of time. The story lines move quickly, even with The Charmed Killer trilogy taking place over three books, the dialog is fantastic, and the intrigue is top notch. My only problem was the repetitive "catch us up" passages - where we are given bits and pieces of back story over and over again. I have to say although the back story might help you jump in mid series there is no way it will live up to reading the whole thing. Overall 3 Stars because it kept me coming back for more (and whining for miles over the forgotten book 6) BUT has me seriously concerned the publisher (Mira Books) may not be picking up the seventh book...Which will leaves the reader hanging with the ending from Six Killer Bodies - a big no no for me.

Books 1 & 2 reviewed

Cross Posted at my personal blog CursingMama

No comments: