Monday, June 22, 2009

Muesing Mondays ~ June 22nd

Todays topic is library orientated:
Do you restrict yourself on how many books you take out from the library at a time?
Do you borrow books if you already have some out?
Do you always reborrow books you don’t get to?


I am a big fan of the public library system and am always perplexed when I hear that there are people who don't take advantage of this tax supported resource. My use of the library system is pretty well documented on my Library Challenge update page...
I will admit that I do limit myself on how many books I've got checked out from the library at one time and it isn't about the library having a shortage or my conscious keeping me in check; it is all about keeping up appearances at home. Too many books from the library will make my waiting to be read stack appear higher than I'm willing to draw attention to so, instead, I usually reserve the books I'm hoping to read a few days before I'll need them. Of course I always have a few unslotted books waiting in the wings just in case I finish earlier than expected or the book I'm waiting for isn't readily available. And, if I haven't gotten to something but it looks wonderful I will renew it but then put it to the top of the stack.

With all of the library activity you'd think I never buy books...but of course there is that stack too.

Musing Mondays are hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page!

4 comments:

Nise' said...

I am a huge supporter of my local library too.

Chris said...

You know how I fall on this one!! :)

Jenny Girl said...

I LOVE the library too. It's one of the few things I utilize from my city tax dollars!
Here's my musing

Unknown said...

I use my library very heavily. I buy the occasional book but that is one way I've cut expenses. Bonus: my local library is just 6 houses down my street.

As for how many I check out at a time, usually no more than 4. Unless there's a holiday weekend coming up. Then it's closer to 6. Not sure why. Just the way it is.