Thursday, January 1, 2009

So You'd Like Me To Review Your Book or Product

All review requests are more than welcome and should be addressed to me at:

cursingmama(at)gmail(dot)com

I will consider all requests made, but may not accept all requests considering the commitments I have already made.

Products:
I generally accept products for review which I would use in my own day-to-day life. I will not accept products which are contrary to my own views and beliefs or which I already know I will not like. Keep in mind I am your fairly typical suburban working mother, I have two teen-aged children, a dog, 2 cats and a busy life. I enjoy knitting, reading, gardening, movies, all things tech, and all things girly ~ I'm also a big fan of cars. Big fan.

Books:
I enjoy many genres of both fiction and non-fiction. Generally my favorite non-fiction subjects are health, diet & exercise, and travel. When selecting fiction books to read I tend to gravitate toward romance, mysteries, and paranormal-lite. My previous reviews should give you a good idea of the kinds of books I enjoy.

Reviews:
I will review every book or product that I receive at my own pace, keeping in mind any predefined guidelines that were disclosed when I accepted the book or product for review. Generally I like to review ARC's as close to the publishing date as possible, for book or product tours I will post my review on the assigned tour date. If you need a review to be published within a specific time frame please include that information in your email.

My reviews typically follow the guidelines as I've outlined them here. If you would like me to include anything else please include that information in your email. I value honesty in every review I write but if I find that I do not like a particular book or product I will contect you to discuss the best way to proceed; I do try to find everything positive I can as well as what I didn't like but I will not change my review. If it means offering the product or book as a giveaway without a review or simply not posting at all there are ways to have good resolutions to difficult situations.

Giveaways:
I enjoy offering giveawys to my readers in conjunction with reviews. If you are interested in sponsoring a giveaway please include that information in your email

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly at

cursingmama(at)gmail(dot)com