Monday, October 1, 2012

Guilt By Degress

Title: Guilt By Degrees
Author:Marcia Clark
Publisher: Mulholland Books / Little Brown And Company
Genre: Thriller/Crime/Detective
Pages: 432
On Sale: May 8, 2012


Synopsis:
Someone has been watching D.A. Rachel Knight--someone who's Rachel's equal in brains, but with more malicious intentions. It began when a near-impossible case fell into Rachel's lap, the suspectless homicide of a homeless man. In the face of courthouse backbiting and a gauzy web of clues, Rachel is determined to deliver justice. She's got back-up: tough-as-nails Detective Bailey Keller. As Rachel and Bailey stir things up, they're shocked to uncover a connection with the vicious murder of an LAPD cop a year earlier. Something tells Rachel "someone" knows the truth, someone who'd kill to keep it secret.

My Take:

This is my 2nd book by Marcia Clark and I will say hands down it is just as good, maybe better than her first Guilt By Association which I reviewed in April of 2011.  I can't get enough of D.A. Rachel Knight and waiting for this latest installment was torture that was worth the wait.  The characters, setting, and plot twists and turns are engrossing and exciting.  Not wanting to spoil the ending I will only say... buckle up because this one will take you for a ride.  Highly recommended, but start with the 1st book if you haven't read that... it isn't required, but I think this one is better having read the first.

Disclosure:
I received this book Mullholand Books (Little, Brown and Company) Via NetGalley for reading and reviewing

No comments: