Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blame it On Texas

Title:  Blame It On Texas
Author: Christie Craig
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing/ Forever
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 464, paperback
On Sale: August 28, 2012



Available on
Amazon
Indiebound
Barnes and Noble

Authors Website

Synopsis:
Zoe Adams has always been content with her quiet nights at home, watching TV alone-until her life turns into a real-life episode of Unsolved Mystery Hunters. The story of a kidnapped girl triggers unexplained memories, and Zoe is dead-set on figuring out why. Her search leads her to one of the Lone Star State's richest families-and to sexy PI Tyler Lopez.

Tyler has sworn off women, especially redheads with killer curves who poke their noses into his clients' private lives. Still, he can't deny the attraction any more than he can deny that some of Zoe's crazy story makes sense. But when she becomes a hit man's target, this cold case starts heating up. Suddenly, Tyler will do anything to protect Zoe-even risk his heart.

My Take:

What is it about PI's that might just wear a cowboy hat when there's a mystery, some intrigue and a case of sexual tension that causes me to trip on the treadmill?  I guess it doesn't really matter because I was able to right myself before I went down in a heap at the end and I didn't even lose my place in the book!  Book #2 in the Hotter In Texas Series #1 is titled Only in Texas and, although not required pre-reading, I'm not sure why you'd skip ahead!  Another fun and exciting story from Christie Craig - if she keeps these coming I'll never leave the treadmill.


Enjoy!  http://notsohumbleopinions.blogspot.com/

Disclosure:
I received this book in ebook form from Grand Central Publishing via Netgalley for reading and reviewing.  I am a member of affiliate programs for both Amazon and Indiebound and earn a small commission from purchases made through links from this site.

No comments: