Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Cold Creek Reunion



Title: A Cold Creek Reunion
Author: RaeAnne Thayne
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Romance
Pages: 288
On Sale: March, 2012


Synopsis:
He was the one you called when you needed rescuing…
But who was Taft Bowman going to call when he needed help? Because ten years ago Laura Pendleton, the love of his life, had left town without a word, then or since. Now she was back, with a new last name–and two adorable, high-needs little ones in tow. Well, Taft had been stupid enough to let her go once before…he wasn't about to make the same mistake again. He'd never stopped loving her–and one look at those adorable little faces and he knew that he was meant to be with Laura and her kids forever. All he had to do was convince her that this time he was a man she could count on!

My Take:

I first started reading serial romance novels back when I was hiding from chores on my grandparents farm (Grandma was a fan of the drug store novel); we aren't going to date it.. but suffice it to say it was some time ago.  I loved them then, and I love them now because you typically know exactly what you are going to get and they are reliable.  This isn't the first RaeAnne Thayne Harlequin I've read, and it certainly won't be the last.  This isn't the only Cold Creek story and although they all easily stand alone RaeAnne Thayne does an excellent job of weaving in back story without consuming pages unnecessarily.  An enjoyable read and one I'm pleased to say I can hand off to my 16 year old without worrying that it's too racy....even with a fire fighting, horse riding, hero that knows how to swing a hammer....

Disclosure:
I received this book in digital format from Harlequin (Via NetGalley) for reading and reviewing

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, they're both wearing relatively simple t-shirts on the cover. How often does that happen?