Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I get the allure of the Big Yellow Dog


Title: Gone To The Dogs
Author: Mary Guterson
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Pages:278 (trade paperback)
On Sale:July 7, 2009

Authors Website

Indiebound Link

Synopsis:
Unfortunately, being a dog-napper is the least of Rena's problems. Her mother’s dating a “potential” serial killer, her dope-smoking-turned-Orthodox-Jewish sister’s having an identity crisis, and she’s the target of one hopeless fix-up after another—most recently, the highly moral Chuck, who just happens to know all about Rena's dog-napping escapades.

My Review:

It is amazing what the green eyed monster can drive good people to do. After years of believing shes found "The One" Rena finds he didn't feel the same way when he goes and moves in with a tall, athletic, blond; what other choice did she have but to steal borrow what she sees as the symbol of this new relationship..... their dog.

This not so simple act leads the reader down a fast paced and cleverly written tale of learning to lift the veil of self deception and accept that things aren't really always how you see them, or how you want to see them.

I give Gone to the Dogs


because I've added this to my to be read list


Shop Indie Bookstores


and


because I've handed the book off to ThePrincess with a smile, she's gonna love it

********************************************
In exchange for reading and reviewing this book I received a copy for my own personal library through the FirstReads program at Goodreads.

2 comments:

Chris said...

So do you find yourself as unable to resist books with big yellow dogs on the front as I am to resist books with black cats on the front?

Unknown said...

Oh, I so want to read this.