Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Not Gonna Let 'Em Win!

Yesterdays lull in busyness was not long lived. Once again, I was totally unprepared for what this day has brought.

What I would like to know today is who has all this time to make mischief just for me? I don't go around setting up mischief for anyone else so why am I being targeted? A person can only take so much before they start giving....

But - I don't have a category for WTF Wednesday or Whining Wednesday so I guess I'll have to buck up, paste on a smile and find something to smile about.... which won't really be that hard because I just read a book by Carol Leifer, who happens to be a comedian and all I have to do is think about the book to get the giggles - and remember not to fret about the small stuff.....


Title: When You Lie About Your Age The Terrorists Win Reflections on Looking in the Mirror
Author: Carol Leifer
Publisher: Villard Books
Genre: Non-fiction, Memoir
Pages: 208
On Sale: March 10, 2009
Authors Website
IndieBound
BooksOnBoard



Synopsis:
Comedy veteran Leifer tells hilarious stories about herself, in her laugh-out-loud literary debut that looks at life, love, family, and the aging process.

My Review:

Note that this book is not all fun and games, because it isn't. No, When You Lie About Your Age the Terrorists Win is also a lot about growing up, figuring out who you are, and being happy with it. Carols thoughts, insights and and honesty are not only fun & funny to read; but also touching and often heart warming.

If you are even questioning whether this little number is for you may I suggest you read this Excerpt which was provided to me for your enjoyment:

A Dozen Things Men Should Know (But Most Don't)

****************************************
Disclosure: In exchange for reading and reviewing this book I received a copy of my very own!

No comments: